It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Command line VPN connection (L2TP/IPsec) Ubuntu 12.04.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:37 pm 

Hi,

Is there any chance to use your client to connect my Ubuntu server to Windows machine via VPN (L2TP/IPsec)? I need to use only command line interface but not GUI. Everything is fine with connections to Windows from Android, iOS, Windows and even from Ubuntu but via GUI. All I have and all I need is: server's ip, psk key, user and password. So there is no certificates etc. Please help me.
Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Command line VPN connection (L2TP/IPsec) Ubuntu 12.04.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:45 am 
Site Admin

vaarsn wrote:
Hi,

Is there any chance to use your client to connect my Ubuntu server to Windows machine via VPN (L2TP/IPsec)? I need to use only command line interface but not GUI. Everything is fine with connections to Windows from Android, iOS, Windows and even from Ubuntu but via GUI. All I have and all I need is: server's ip, psk key, user and password. So there is no certificates etc. Please help me.
Thank you.

The Ubuntu GUI will be writing config files. I suggest look at the files that it writes, then use those as a template for a simple command line tool (shell script) to turn the connection on/off.

Post subject: Re: Command line VPN connection (L2TP/IPsec) Ubuntu 12.04.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:56 am 

I also used to have the VPN for Ubuntu and it was turned off and on by command line. But now I have been using windows PC and I would like to get a good VPN for this one as well. I read expressvpn review and was impressed with it. Do you know how it works on windows?