It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Memory leak on TX
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:04 pm 
Site Admin

Orion33 wrote:
jchapman wrote:
When you connect using your actual subscriber account, do you get an IP address for your PPP interface which is different to that used by the L2TP server? If so, does it work as expected?

While I watched it, yes, each time the addresses were different. But the problem is that the pool has a lot of addresses, possibly some other subscriber is allocated the address to which I am trying to connect. This confirms the fact that the problem occurs not always but often.

Perhaps I don't understand.
Your ISP can assign the same IP address for its end of the PPP connection, but should always assign your side a unique IP address. Your system should have a route set such that your traffic is routed via the IP address assigned by your ISP. If you are being assigned the same address as another subscriber, that is a problem at the ISP. Or perhaps your system has a stale route table, such that you are trying to route via the wrong IP address, which is perhaps the IP address that was used for a previous time you were online?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:13 am 

I assumed that the ISP gets someone IP address. And the same address has pool, which I connect. In this I am not sure exactly.

The routes are not preserved after a reboot. The table has a route to the entire net of pools, I wrote about it in the first post. This is not correct?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:26 pm 

Not sure if this is still relevant, but we had a similar issue with a pptp client doing some wacky VPN on a university network.

The fix was to do an explicit /32 route for the VPN access concentrator. So for example let's say you connect to 1.2.3.4 then the VPN server would assign 1.2.3.4 to it's end of the ppp connection, and for example 2.3.4.5 to your end. This results in a routing table in the kernel something like:

Code:
1.2.3.4/32 dev pppX
default via ?.?.?.?

Now when the kernel tries to send a GRE (or l2tp or pptp frame) to the VPN server it ends up in the loop as it's trying to get to the VPN server via the VPN connection. Replacing the 1.2.3.4/32 dev pppX route with:

Code:
1.2.3.4/32 via ?.?.?.?

Sorts out the problem. We used to do this from ip-pre-up or ip-up (can't recall which one).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:06 pm 

hello!
is there any solution for this issue?
i still get hanging with "soft lock up cpu" when i try to connect to "beeline" ISP with my ubuntu 12.04

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:39 am 

Привет :)
Я для подключения использовал всегда статический адрес пула, и после того, как в очередной используемый адрес умер, я стал использовать другой. На новом пуле этой проблемы нет, что еще раз доказывает, что это проблема на стороне провайдера. Сейчас я использую адрес 83.102.255.55 и никаких проблем с утечкой не испытываю. Но это для Питера, для других городов, скорее всего, он не подойдет.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:47 pm 

Orion33 wrote:
Привет :)
Я для подключения использовал всегда статический адрес пула, и после того, как в очередной используемый адрес умер, я стал использовать другой. На новом пуле этой проблемы нет, что еще раз доказывает, что это проблема на стороне провайдера. .

а как понять годный пул или глючный? =) методом научного тыка? и как вообще получить список всех пулов билайна? я немного чайник в этом. nslookup tp.internet.beeline.ru выдаёт только один айпи, а он же точно не один.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:03 pm 

Пулы проверять да, методом тыка. А как список получить, я не помню. Вроде винда выдает, но сча что-то из-под нее не резолвится. Можно в гугле посмотреть, как чего :)